Published On: July 5th, 2020
In the Lookout for Disruptive Business Models and a Perfect Team: Artha India Ventures by Mr. Ashok Kumar Damani
2017 was a notable year for many entrepreneurs. This is because startup founders go with Angel and early-stage investment platforms to fundraise. They followed rounds ranging from pre-Series A to Series B. But there was a gradual decline in the result estimation, in comparison to the last two years.
On the other hand, Angel Investors have a fixed exit-time from companies. So, chances are likely that these investors can effortlessly reject your idea, adding if the startup is not unique.
So, to give a proper filling to the gap left by Angel Investing and also on the part of resolving exit scenarios and numerous venture funds. And, the awareness of what is happening at present inside this void-filling process of venture capital, will give you a wholesome perk of choosing the right platform for your startup’s investment.
Hence, prepare yourself to read the following information, keeping in mind the status of your startup concerning future times!
A SHIFT IN THE PARADIGM OF SEED-FUNDING: FAMILY OFFICE INVESTMENTS AND AIV
Once upon a time, Indian brands and rising startups were dependent on foreign pools for capital seed funding. But today, India is renowned as the 3rd Biggest Business Hub in the world. Following this, it is welcoming new arenas for capital funding through a new shift in the paradigm – Family Office Investment groups.
“MY INVESTMENTS IN EQUITY, CORPORATE LOANS, DEBT, LIQUID AND HEDGE FUNDS, ETC. HAVE ALWAYS SET ME ON THE LOOKOUT FOR VENTURES THAT WOULD HELP ME EXPAND AND CONSOLIDATE MY INVESTMENTS IN THOSE INDUSTRIES”, QUOTES THE CEO
- About 100+ family investment channels were born within the past few years. Out of which the Mumbai-based Artha India Ventures (AIV) by Mr. Ashok K. Damani and Group was remarkable owing to its massive impact on the current Indian startup ecosystem!
- Majorly investing their funding sources for contemporary business models, Artha India Ventures is a seed-stage investor module. The team also supports new-comers by offering support mentorship programs based on a 360-degree domain potion-of-view. The former BSE director, Ashok, founded this influential platform on January 1st, 2013.
- Let’s continue reading about the success story of this foundation, and how funding programs like these are essential for your startup plans. And now, here comes the intriguing component of our business learning – invested brands and the success data of startups the brand has invested to date.
AN OVERVIEW ON THE INVESTMENT SCHEMES OF ARTHA INDIA VENTURES
About 80 investments are made by AIV, out of which 14 are Leads. The two most recent investment activities were on:
May 21st, 2020 – Leap Club, the Puducherry company that produces ethical and earth-friendly products, raised INR 26M through a seed round.
May 18th, 2020 – Agnikul Cosmos, the brand that tests and launches orbital-class rockets, micro, and nanosatellites raised INR 234M through a seed round.
OTHER NOTABLE COMPANIES THAT HAVE RAISED MONEY WITH AIV INCLUDE JADOOZ, KRATIKAL, LENDENCLUB, EVEREST FLEET, KABADDIADDA, SAAHAS ZERO WASTE, AIBONO, AND SOME MORE.
Now, coming to the success aspects, the following top 5 startups are popular brands presently in their respective sectors, and they give credits to Artha India Ventures for funding them when needed.
“Our strategy has been to cash in early and work closely with entrepreneurs, try to get involved in building the product and connect them to people in our network for the next level of growth”, says Anirudh Damani, GP
- CarveNiche: Learning solution for students in an adaptive and personalized fashion.
- Cloudrino: The cloud-based management service provider for SMEs to efficiently manage their servers.
- Inc42: Technology and start-up based online media platform with stories published based on contemporary trends.
- Mobilewalla: Data analytics module that tracks the behaviour of a mobile phone.
- Supr Daily: A brand successful in delivering daily essentials and milk products from Direct-to-home.
“We are bullish on online as well as offline consumption. However, every business needs some tech to scale efficiently and to automate repetitive functions”, says Anirudh Damani, one of the directors at AIV
You must have noticed that the one standard bar that all these notable brands have is technology-based innovation! Hence, leading to the conclusion that, your startup to get funds from investors like AIV, must be presentable with an excellent pain point. Besides addressing the issues, it must be plausible to function as a tech-based module.
Go with business ideas that are framed based on booming sectors such as AI, Big Data, Analytics, and other sector-agnostic scopes.
Finally, on a lighter side, let’s acknowledge the people behind the scenes of AIV.
NURTURING AN ECOSYSTEM TOGETHER: THE STRATEGY TEAM OF ARTHA INDIA VENTURES
Snapshot Taken From – http://artha.ventures/about/
It is a widely accepted perspective that 2 Heads are Better than 1. Similarly, when tracking the records of AIV, the strong foundations of the company are found to be laid by four other heads along with the Director Mr. Ashok K Damani.
- Anirudh Damani – He is the company’s GP, spokesperson, and specializes in promoting the ethics of a corporate culture. Focussed on renewable energy and early-stage investment funding.
- Apurva Damani – She is deploying capital for about 12 to 15 ventures annually and is also responsible for the portfolio management of the brand across the United States and India. She possesses excellent training skills and is remarked for giving sessions to IIT graduates, students, and even senior-level managers.
- Dishit Shah – He is the chief associate of the company. Has 6+ years in diverse fields of work including, mergers and acquisitions, internal and statutory audit, equity research, and the like.
- And lastly, Mr. Ramesh K. Damani (LATE) – With 30+ years of experience in stock trading and bullion, he has guided many professionals on business strategies and managed the legal and financial aspects of the company.
The team of Artha India Ventures has challenged many other platforms to compete with their excellence in pushing startups forward. And they have fiercely succeeded in this notion!
TWO QUICK BUSINESS TAKEAWAYS FROM THE INSIGHTS OF AIV By Ashok Kumar Damani
“WE LOVE WORKING WITH WELL-BALANCED AND DRIVEN TEAMS, ON DISRUPTIVE TECH-ENABLED IDEAS WITH ROBUST BUSINESS PLANS THAT HAVE A LARGE ADDRESSABLE MARKET!”
- If you are a first-time entrepreneur or a new startup professional, then hire the right team for your business. The results gained by having a team with a shared, common motive will reap unbelievable returns. Moreover, work delegation is a proven time-saving measure in this fast-paced business world!
- Have an eye on the business processes from long-term sustainability thinking. In this way, you will ensure that even if the business starts collapsing. You will have a technological backup on-hand to reap the possible profit from the business.
- Artha India to focus on Rs 1 -Rs 6 crore cheques for startups in 2018
- Family Offices: The Emerging Gangsters In Indian Startup Ecosystem
- Artha India Ventures Investments
- Artha Ventures Portfolio
- About Artha Ventures [/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/6″][/vc_column][/vc_row]